Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
Account Manager - CPG Industry (Salty Snacks)
Location is Edison NJ.
Increase sales, share and profitability of the Wise portfolio of products to specific accounts by negotiating space, sales terms and programming in order to improve company sales and profitability.
You'll perform sales initiatives to increase market share and household penetration for Wise branded and affiliated products.
- Communicate sales initiatives to account holders.
- Analyze, evaluate and improve the effectiveness of sales, selling methods, costs and results.
- Establish sales routines with key people in the sales/purchase process with each account, in order to create new sales opportunities.
- Apply marketing information to execute sales strategies to specific accounts.
You'll execute sales routines to maximize sales potential with clients and ultimately final consumer.
- Execute "Best in Class" merchandising standards to maximize the sales potential through increased revenue and gross profit for Wise Food Inc.
- Maximize the use of space to increase sales by negotiating with the account holders and using marketing information for better placement.
- Ensure service to accounts by visiting the market and reviewing sales execution.
You'll nurture new customers to increase sales according to the market circumstances in order to improve company sales.
- Find accounts that are willing to carry our products and negotiate new sales contracts with them.
- Negotiate sales price and floor space to better showcase our portfolio.
- Communicate sales promotions and leverage that to increased sales.
- Build business case to determine if new routes are profitable.
Total revenue goal $22.5M.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of CPG experience especially supermarket or convenience store sales experience.
- At least 2 years of management experience of sales, merchandisers, or route drivers.
- At least 2 years of sales and contract negotiation experience as a key account manager.
- Experience increasing display and shelf space, improved market share, sales and profitability.
- Prior experience administering the proper accounting of trade spend, distributor and customer pricing, customer credit applications and distributor costs.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint/Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Willing to travel 50% (minimal overnight travel 30%).
IDEAL CANDIDATES also have the following:
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Prior food, beverage or salty snack industry experience
- Strong knowledge of DSD Operations, Warehousing, Customer Management, P&L Mgmt, & Talent Development practices
- Sales experience with customers such as Wakefern, Ahold, Albertson's, Wegman's. or the like.
- Proficiency with syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen)
Wise Foods Inc. is a leading producer of salty snacks with a long heritage. Founded in 1921, Wise is a brand of tradition and authenticity that consumers have come to know and trust over the last 90 years. Since our inception, our iconic brand has symbolized great tasting snacks for many generations of consumers including potato chips; cheese flavored baked and fried corn snacks, tortilla chips, pretzels, popcorn, corn chips, onion rings and other assorted snacks. We market our products under some of the most recognizable brand names in the salty snack industry, including Wise, Cheez Doodles, New York Deli and Bravos. We also produce private label products for a number of retailers. Products are distributed using a direct-store-door delivery and merchandising system and sold in major grocery retailers, neighborhood markets and urban bodegas, as well as established retailers in the mass, convenience store, drug, food service and club channels. Wise Foods is fully owned by Arca Continental, the second largest Coca-Cola bottler in Latin America and one of the largest in the world. We invite you to explore growing your career with Wise!